Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Quick! Get me some Hot Sauce!!

Two nights ago I went to bed with a fever and a cold sweat, and spent all of yesterday fighting a fever and shivers, accompanied with a hard cough. The fever finally broke last night, and I am currently stuck with a loose cough and stuffy nose. BOOOURNS! I never get sick. I can usually account for 2 or 3 times out of a year that I might have a stuffy nose or scratchy throat. My poor dad came across the pond with a bad case of whatever I have now. He definitely got the worse deal; Sore Throat, Hard-Dry cough, fevers, and migraines – and it’s lasted 5days for him. I did my best to avoid contact, but we travelled to Zonnebeke together and it’s pretty hard to avoid one another when you’re cooped in a Minivan for 6hrs.
LESS THAN 5 DAYS TILL WORLDS! Why did my immune system decide to be such a baby a week before worlds? It’s gotta be the family bloodline, or maybe the fact that my hot sauce consumption has gone down since I’ve been here (haha I’m pretty sure hot sauce keeps you healthy...haha, seriously TRY IT. And lots of jalapenos too. Just be conscious of the fact that hot sauce usually has a high salt content. J). I did some detailing on my Sexy Louis G’s today and got out for a light spin. I wasn’t about to push my cough deeper, I need all the lung capacity I can get for Sunday. I just made sure I was going at a decent enough speed not to get passed by people on commuter bikes- cuz that’s just a hard pill to swallow.
My body is already bouncing back, and at this rate I’m confident that I’ll show up at the start feeling pretty dang good. If not, I’ll make it work even if means I have those cute little snot lines that escape your nose when you’re full of mucus and trying to race hard... Smile for the camera Pepper! Either way the excitement is building. I can’t wait to get out and pre-ride the world’s course. They have a digital version of it online, but it lacks detail. If you wanna see it here is the link – but you have to imagine more texture I think. http://www.wkhoogerheide2009.nl/en/parcours.aspx
GO CANADA GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment